Sunday, January 8, 2012

Reflection Of Our Relationship

First off, I have to say I'm sorry for not updating this in a long long time. I know, it's been forever. I'm sorry! I'm going to blame it on holidays and finals. That's acceptable, right? Right? Thank you, I knew you'd understand :)

On to the reflecting bit. I think everyone knows at this point that we have 2 cats: Ronan and Leo. Ronan came first. He's our 8 year old geriatric cat that we adopted from the Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter. We pretty much bonded instantaneously and now there's not a day that goes by where we don't have some quality cuddle time. Leo came from the Maryland SPCA because I couldn't handle going back to BARCS. It really was kind of like Animal Auschwitz. Leo's awesome, but he really is Daddy's cat. He will cuddle with Eugene until the cows come home. So many pictures on my phone are of Eugene and Leo in various stages of cuddles.

Today, when I was reminding Leo that he has shots coming up in April at the vet's office, Eugene and I both decided to break into song. Not the same song, mind you. But hey, why not. Here's what transpired:

Me: "Leo, in April you have to get shots. Excited? Shots....?"
Songs
Me: That obnoxious song that says shots like, 16 times that was rampant in public during my first year of pharmacy school.
Eugene: "Shot through the heart! And you're to blame, you give love a bad name..."

I love that Eugene still lives in the pop culture world of the 80s.... It adds much laughter and value to my life.

2 comments:

  1. I think it just shows that Eugene has better taste in music than you do...
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete