Tuesday, November 15, 2011

First Dance Song Dilemma

So, because we're so far ahead in the wedding process (venue-done, cake-done, food/drink-done, photographer-check, dj-check, dress/shoes-done, veil/accessories-mom making), we're starting to think of the details... Like what is the first song we should dance to as a couple? What better question to ponder on our day off? Please, partake of the conversation below. Some of our exchanges are ridiculous.....


So I'm looking on the internet at some of the more popular choices that have been used in the past. Of course I then look them up on youtube and play them for Eugene.

Examples:

"Whatever It Is"-Zac Brown Band
Eugene's response: "Aw man, you really want a country song?"
Me: "Not necessarily, I just like the lyrics"
Eugene: "I guess I'd have to pay attention to the lyrics...."
Mind you, I'm playing him the song as we're talking about this....

"I Wanna Grow Old With You"- Adam Sandler, from the very adorable movie "The Wedding Singer"
Eugene's response: "Well, it's kinda short, you know, he really had to keep it pretty short and sweet on that plane ride. He didn't want to embarrass himself in front of Billy Idol"

"In Your Eyes"-Peter Gabriel  (this was mostly a joke)
Eugene: "Aw man, this would be awesome! But everyone's just gonna be thinking of that John Cusack movie."
Me: "What movie?"
Eugene: "You know, 'Say Anything,' with the boombox in the window?"
Me: "I don't know, this song came out the year I was born..."

Eugene: "I'd like something by Ben Folds, but everything is so depressing. You remember that song, 'Brick,' right?"
Me: ....... [blank stare]
Lyrics "Now that I've found someone, I'm more lonely than ever... She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly."
Me: "Maybe not for a wedding..."

Next song played by Eugene: something about joining the army, being high, and joining a band instead... Also not for a wedding.

Eventually I'm sure we'll figure this out... Stay tuned!

Larren

2 comments:

  1. The Luckiest by Ben Folds is amazingly sweet and not too depressing. It's one of my favorites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1qL2ynRpXU
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most definitely right. So sharing this with Eugene. It really is beautiful. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete