Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving in Wisco!

Oh my gosh, I can't even begin to describe how excited I am to be going home. Eugene's excited too.... I think.

He's a little nervous about the whole big, loud family thing. And, who am I kidding? We're not thaat big, but we sure do get loud. Also, we have this really awesome gift exchange described below:

In the beginning, each person is given 2 dice that they roll until they get "doubles" of any particular number. They then choose a gift. Meanwhile, everyone is still rolling dice (loudly) on the hard table surface. Everyone continues to roll until they get "doubles" again and then they select a gift card. That's all well and good, right? Everyone gets a gift and a gift card? Yeah, well, not exactly. We then roll for another 4 minutes or so during which time whenever someone gets doubles, they may steal another's gift or gift card. The stealee is then left with whatever gift the stealer started with.

Confusing? You bet, to someone who never really celebrated Christmas with the big meal. This whole to-do is after all the confusion of relatives catching up with each other's current affairs, tons of food, 2 babies running around, and a football game. Ooooooh boy.

Bottom line? I'm really not leaving Eugene alone among the locals. They might get feisty. I honestly can't say why he's a touch nervous, he's met most of them before. Additionally, the ones that he has met ADORE him. What's not to adore? He's amazing. He'll do fine, I'm sure. It'll just be better to get this first big family get together under our belts before wedding things start coming upon us more and more. I'm really excited that this is our first Thanksgiving that we get to spend together as a couple and so very thankful to have him and all of my family/friends in my life. I would be nothing without you all. Cheers, and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment