Friday, November 18, 2011

Pinterest and Gawker and DIY, Oh My!

So, sometimes school is just too much for me to handle. Either the professor is talking non-sense, my classmates are talking to one another and I’m left out of the conversation,  there’s too much typing, or something of that nature. That’s just fine.

It’s not exactly a secret that Pharmacy Students spend time doing other things that paying attention in lecture. Our Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs (ACADEMIC AFFAIRS!!) sent us out a survey that another PGY1 resident was performing to track student activities in class. Some people spend time on Facebook, Gchat, CNN, ESPN, various blogs.

And, because I have the attention span of a 2 year old, I’m no exception. My fancies, however, tend toward Pinterest, weddinggawker, weddingbee, various DIY sites, and well, you guessed it, this blog.

But oh my goodness how I love Pinterest and Weddinggawker (thanks to one, KB) Sooo many amazing things to see, ideas to ponder, pictures to agonize over.  Don’t get me started on the tantalizing pictures of food.

Some ideas for post-wedding snackery:
Mini Salted Caramel Apple!
-Doesn’t this just sound divine? You can even put it on a stick! Guests could be dancing around, step off the dance floor, grab a stick, pop a little piece in their mouth and go back dancing! There’s a recipe online and oh man do I ever want to try it. 

Home Made Pizza
-I think pizza after dancing is more a thing from Wisconsin/Midwest that I’d like to bring to the East coast. My friend Tiffany gave me this fantastic recipe a while ago that is so ridiculously versatile. You can dress these pizzas up, dress them down, create any sort of flavor you want! Sounds like it would be easy enough to just prepare ahead of time, drop off at the venue, and they can just bake them round 10:30 or so. I mean honestly, who doesn’t get hungry after dancing?

Ok, I should probably pay attention now.  Any other ideas for foods???

No comments:

Post a Comment